Saturday, June 12, 2010

Year in review

I'm starting to get used to my new people status, being a toddler and all. I've learned a lot of new things over the past few months and thought I'd remind you of my major accomplishments. Top of the list is learning to walk on my own. Why crawl, scraping up my knees, when I can now walk wherever I want. I love to speed-walk directly to the stairs and climb up as fast as I can.

At my last doctor's appointment I weighed in at 22 pounds 4 ounces and was 29.5 inches long. This is completely average, 50 %tile, but that is ok with me. I like my 12 month clothes. I sleep from 9 pm to 7 am most nights, but my napping needs are still unpredictable. I have turned into an eating machine, regularly eating more than Cole. And, I am done with the bottle.

I haven't officially said my first word yet, but I am really good at mimicking. Mama is my favorite sound to say back, so it just might be my first word. I haven't decided yet. I know how to wave bye-bye. I can also have long conversations with Cole that consist only of screeching and squealing.

Here's me practicing my "mama".


My favorite things are mommy, mac-n-cheese, remote controls, chasing Abby, stairs, my playroom, doing whatever Cole is doing.

My least favorite things are being away from mommy, not getting to do what I want, breathing machines, and the computer room.

All in all, it is good to be 1!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke, you've had a really great year.
Love you,
Grandma & Grandpa

Dexter said...

You say Mama a lot clearer than I do! Mine is more like maaaama

nana said...

It really has been a great year having you in it! xoxonanaxoxo