Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bedtime routines

I have a thing for routines. I used to have lots and lots of unnecessary routines I had to do for all different kinds of things, like brushing my teeth, getting in the car, getting out of the car, eating my food, etc. I have let most of those go. I do however, have two bedtime routines that are just too fun to give up.


Routine #1: After my bath, wearing my towel in my bedroom, I do the following:

  • Whip off my towel while shouting "Naked Robin!"
  • I turn around, shake my naked behind, and sing, "Shake that bottom line" (this if from the Lorax)
  • Then I shake my booty some more and sing, "with my body language!" (this is from the Little Mermaid).
Routine #2: After the books are all read, I have to have the following exchange with Mommy:
  • Luke: Kiss (we kiss). Thumb kiss (we thumb kiss). Huggie (we hug; love Dexter's word for hugs)
  • Luke: Good night. Mom: Good night.
  • Luke: See you later. Mom: See you later.
  • Luke: I love you. Mom: I love you too.
  • Luke: Sleep with me for 10 minutes! Got it? 10 minutes. Mom: Got it. (Then mom leaves because she doesn't really need to sleep with me, its just something I have to say.)
Lately I've tried to add "I need a drink of water and a snack" to routine #2, but mom is resisting. I cannot be interrupted during my routines. If mom tries, then I just start all over again. It's just my way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some routine, Luke.
Love you,
Grandma

Unknown said...

My way our the highway.