Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Two and a half

Did you know that I turned two and a half this week? Well I did! I'm not really clear on what a "half" is, but I know you don't get a birthday cake for it. Oh well. It does mean that I am getting older. I thought I'd take a minute to update you on some of my recent accomplishments. Talking is probably my favorite thing to do. I can always find something to comment on. I do not like it when people have conversations and don't include me. I can sing dozens of songs, I can easily count up to five objects and sometimes more (especially if they are potato chips), I know all my colors and most of my letters, I can recite my favorite storybooks, I can say some very naughty curse words, and I can tell you all about my day and which of my friends did something bad. Next to talking, jumping is probably my favorite. I love to jump on everything. I can do somersaults on the ground or by jumping on the couch. I can hop of one foot while practicing my hopscotch. I also love to dance, do "gymnastics" and my "karate". When I eat I only use grown up things now, a regular chair, bowl/plate, fork/spoon. I have yet to get a knife but I'm working on it. My favorite foods are fruit, mainly berries, apples and bananas, yogurt, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and peanut butter and jelly waffles. Oh and how could I forget crackers, cookies, cake, ice cream, pretzels, suckers, slim jims, and pop.

On the flip side I also am doing my best to fit the "terrible twos" description. I have many, many good ideas and I do not like it when someone gets in the way. In the morning I don't want to go to school and in the afternoons I don't want to go home. I also do not want to wear my coat, hat, or gloves at any time. I want to watch movies all day long. I want chips, sprite, and candy for all my meals. If I get any kind of hurt it is a very big deal and I must have a band aid and medicine. I also have decided that I will not take naps and at night I will only sleep in mommy and daddy's bed. Sometimes they wait until I'm asleep and move me into my room, but I just wake up and come back so why bother? I think I'm doing a great job keeping mom and dad on their toes.

2 comments:

Sharon or Allan said...

Oh mercy me! Cole are you teaching Luke all these wonderful things?

Aunt Ali said...

You have come a long way since July 11, 2007!