Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Translator needed

Believe or not I'm making some progress with my vocabulary. For a while now I've been able to say uh oh, no, Mommy, Cole, "daddy" (which means Abby), "puppy" (which means pumpkin), "wa wa" (water), hi, bye, ball, nose, eye, and bubble. I'm also a pro at saying "muh" plus hand signs when I want more and singing the vowels in "the end" when a book is over. In the last week however I've been adding a bunch of new words to my vocabulary, including "da da" (yea daddy for getting a name!), fish, toes, juice, plane, bird, car, cup, light, and turtle. I also say "yo yo" for my favorite show, Yo Gabba Gabba. I make "sh" noises for socks and shoes. I point and say "dah?" when I'm asking about something. Mommy and some of my teachers have consistently heard me say all of those things. I swear! Really I swear! It may not sound like it to anyone else, but I'm doing my best. Mommy is very good at translating.

I suppose talking with a mouth full of grapes doesn't help either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy it won't be long before you'll be carrying on a regular conversation with everyone.
Love you,
Grandma