Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Transition

I am now officially in toddler room 4 at school. I was sad to leave my wonderful baby room teachers behind but I am just too big. Room 4 is Cole's old room so he spent some time showing me my cubby, the bathroom, the quiet area, the diaper area, dress up clothes, and many more places and things. What Cole and Mommy didn't realize is that I already have tons of experience in a grown-up room like this because I help drop off Cole in his preschool room every morning. So really its not as big a deal as you might think. One of the biggest changes includes being independent at meal times. I have to feed myself entirely on my own! This includes putting my own cereal and milk in a bowl, pouring my own drinks, cleaning up when I make messes, and NOT wearing a bib. I had to change clothes today because mommy put a yogurt in my lunch. I also get to do my own thing in the bathroom. I can wash my hands as many times as I like, and I like it. Monday was my first full day and as you might expect I cried and screamed for mommy when she tried to leave me. Today however, I was just too busy with my fruit loops. I gave mommy a kiss and said "mommy, work, bye-bye". I think the transition is complete.


I wonder what kinds of things I will learn from my new friends :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke, you are really growing up...no more baby "stuff".
Love you,
Grandma