Saturday, August 4, 2012

5 year check up

After weeks of excitement and anticipation, I finally saw the doctor for my 5 year checkup. I am totally healthy of course. My height (41 inches) and weight (40 pounds) are completely average. My spine is straight, my ears are clear, and my reflexes are normal. The visit concluded with.... bum, bum, bummmmmm... 4 shots! I was mentally prepared. I had rehearsed how I would react to them. I was curious to see how pokey and sharp the needles were. It was not like I thought it would be. I was totally brave for the first two, but I couldn't keep it up. Number 3 and 4 made me howl and cry. Four is just too many! Thankfully a trip to the ice cream store took my mind off the pain.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ice cream will cure you all the time.
Love you,
Grandma

nana said...

I'm glad your checkup went so well, Cole. My first job as a nurse was working for 3 pediatricians and I gave shots to kids every day! I don't remember ever giving anyone 4 at one visit, though. That was rough! I can't wait to see you on Thursday! xoxonanaxoxo