Tuesday, November 19, 2013

First Grade Report Card



Yesterday I got my first report card of the year. I told mom and dad that I'm the smartest kid in my class. It didn't actually say that on my card, but I'm sure its true. (Then mom and dad tried to teach me the word "humility". I guess I'm not smart enough yet to figure that one out.) Anyway, here's my report. 
  • Math: So far I've only been tested on knowing my numbers to 100 and addition. At this time, I've mastered all the 1st grade skills and I'm moving on. I can add any one digit numbers, two and one digit numbers, and some pairs of two digit numbers.
  • Reading: I'm reading at the end of 2nd grade level. I got scores beyond 1st grade in all areas: alphabet, phonics, vocabulary, reading strategies, comprehension, and fluency. Reading is super easy!
  • Writing: I am average at handwriting, using capitals and periods, spelling, organizing my writing, and giving details. I am just learning the writing process, which includes prewriting, drafting, editing, and revising.
  • Behavior: I am meeting the end of the year expectations for showing cooperation, being responsible, and having self-control and I'm beyond 1st grade expectations for setting a good example and showing empathy to my classmates.
So there you have it. Clearly I'm the smartest in my class... except maybe for my writing work. I don't know how I have so much to learn in that area. I've already published a Spiker book, and I've written tons of stories. No worries. I will learn it fast. I need to because I plan on being an author and illustrator (and rocket scientist, volcanologist, tornado scientist, computer animator, and video game creator).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!! Great job.
Love you,
Grandma

Unknown said...

Very interesting. Nice work, Cole. Love you Grandfather

nana said...

Super job, Cole! Keep having fun learning at school! xoxonanaxoxo

Unknown said...

Good job smarty pants.