Saturday, March 14, 2015

Library of Congress

We spent President's Day visiting the Library of Congress and the U.S. Capitol with Ali, Dan, Dexter, Mom, and Luke. I love libraries, but I've NEVER been in one that looked like this! It was one of the most beautiful building's I've ever seen.

The outside of the Library of Congress looks pretty good... let's check it out.


The librarians had activities for kids to celebrate President's Day. Dexter and Luke made some President masks.


I practiced my speech for when I become President.

Ali and I played an Oval Office game. I won, of course.

Then we found an unlocked, secret, spiral staircase and followed it up, up, up until we ended up in this room! Pretty fancy. Check out the ceiling! Wonder what they do with this room?


Finally, we went into the main lobby. Does your library look like this? Mine sure doesn't!






Because of the holiday, they let us into the library's main reading room. It was super fancy. Again, check out that ceiling!




Mom showed us something called a card catalog. I still don't know what that is for.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so amazed by your visit. I need to go one day soon. Oh and nice writing Cole! Hugs, Grandfather

nana said...

I didn't know they still had card catalogs! What a great place to visit. I am glad you are having such a great time in D.C.