Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Three year check-up

Yesterday I had my doctor check-up. I'm still perfectly fabulous, perfectly healthy and perfectly average. My height and weight are both in the 50th percentile at 37 inches and 31 pounds. The doctor and mommy had nothing but good things to say about me. I did get a finger prick and one shot. I super strong, so I didn't need to cry.

See how strong I am?


My current favorite things are swinging on my swing, playing in the sandbox, and eating gum. My favorite toy is any stick that I can use as a magic wand (like Harry Potter), a cane (like Willy Wonka), and a broom stick (like the green witch from Wizard of Oz). I pretend I'm Batman or Superman, but I don't usually dress up like Cole. I love to read Clifford books. I'm a good eater, but I prefer doughnut Fridays and pancake Sundays. I sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed every night now. Why would I want to be alone when I could snuggle with them. Their bed is so much better. I'm half-way potty trained. Someday soon I'll have to poop in the potty, but I'm going to hold out on that one as long as possible. I'm very good about brushing my teeth. I tend to be clumsy and I like to jump off of things, so I get a lot of boo boos. I've literally walked into a wall a few times.

My favorite friends are Cole, my teacher Terry, and my neighbor Rachel; and mommy, daddy, and grandma, of course. I like to play with them and sometimes I don't. I have my own ideas. Sometimes I'm grouchy. Especially in the mornings on the way to school. If Cole tries to talk to me, I yell "Don't talk to me! I grouchy!" That pretty much works. I don't like to be told what to do. If you yell at me I'll either keep doing what I'm doing with more attitude or cry and say "You hurt my feelings! You yelled at me!" I'm also very set in my ways. I don't like to change my routines and I'll let you know it.

Here's my grouchy face.

So, sometimes I'm grouchy and sometimes I have attitude. But most of the time I'm happy and very sweet. I love to snuggle on the couch. I like to dance and jump. I make playdough dinners for everyone and let Abby lick real food off my fingers. I am very good about saying thank you. I've even been known to spontaneously say "Mommy/Daddy, thank you for making me dinner." I always need to give and get a ton of hugs and kisses and I love yous every day.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great check up, Luke.
Love you,
Grandma

nana said...

You sure have done a lot in just 3 years, Luke! xoxonanaxoxo

Sharon or Allan said...

Looks like you almost got all the skills you will need for life. Please and Thank You, telling people when to back off and when you need hugs. Just a few more basics and your ready. HUgs and Kisses, Grandfather