Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A penguin story

Last week I saw an interesting looking animal in my closet. I asked mommy about it and she told me that it was a penguin. Then without even warning me she pushed a button by his feet and he started squawking, flapping his wings and running towards me. It was terrifying! The penguin is loud!! I'll admit I was so surprised (scared) I started to cry. In the following days I kept alerting mom and dad to the penguin. I didn't want them to be surprised either. Sometimes they would ask me if I wanted them to turn him on. Yea right! Anyway, penguin kept hanging around. Slowly I worked up the courage to touch the penguin, and then to kick the penguin. Somehow he grew on me. Now the penguin is my friend. Sometimes I ask mommy to turn him on and I let him run right in to my legs! I am so brave. I take him outside and play with him on the deck and yesterday I even let him share my raisins. I still like to tell people about my loud penguin, but he is ok by me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like now you have that penguin under control...good job.
Love you,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed at the change!!xoxonanaxoxo