Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Smarty pants

Everyday I learn at least 20 new words (rough estimate). Mommy says it is a phase called the naming explosion. That I can't say yet, but some of my latest words are: water can, hair dryer, pine cone, park, patio, emu, choo choo train, flip flops, hurt, hose, cheeks, and frigerator. Mommy is also very excited that this week I finally started saying the word "yes". Sometimes I say "yes", but most of the time I say "ya". I've been able to say "no" forever, but I just never needed "yes" before. I also can say/recognize all my capital letters and most of my lowercase letters, my name, and the numbers 0, 1, 4, 8, and 9. (Those are the best looking numbers after all.) I'm also good at showing off my excellent memory. For example whenever we walk by my neighbor's house I like to say "ant hand!" to remind mommy or daddy about how an ant crawled on my hand weeks ago. This morning when I woke up I immediately told mommy "mommy flip flops" to remind her of how I saw flip flops for the first time yesterday. Lastly, mommy wanted me to tell you that I like to say "love you" now also. This for some reason makes mommy and daddy really, really happy.


Just for fun, here is a picture of daddy pushing me on the swings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an incredible development--I am overwhelmed!!! :)
xoxonanaxoxo

Sharon or Allan said...

We love you to Cole!
Maybe you have a name for your new brother?
Love Grandfather