Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Wow, what a day! The 4th of July is officially my favorite holiday. In the morning we went to a parade and saw fire trucks, tractors, marching bands, kids on bikes, boy scouts, horses, and (best of all) Spiderman. I got to clap a lot and catch candy! Then we went to a friends house and played with all kinds of toys in their backyard. While we were there I got to go on a big kids swing and daddy pushed me so high that when I let go I flew off, did a somersault in the air, and landed on my face and belly. I bit my tongue and had a mouth full of blood, but a cold popsicle fixed that quickly. (I also shut my thumb in the door and scraped my leg on some steps.) After a late nap, we went to see the fireworks. They were loud like a drum and way up high in the sky. I wasn't scared at all. I thought they looked like big spiders and circles.
I did fall asleep while I was eating chips and salsa, what can you expect 2 hours past my nap time. I'm just glad mom and dad woke me up later for the fireworks.

1 comment:

Sharon or Allan said...

It sounds like you are becoming a boy real fast. Scraps and cuts and keeps on going = boy. Hugs, Grandfather