Saturday, August 28, 2010

Asthma?


I'm sorry to say that I had my 4th asthma attack Thursday. My rescue inhaler wasn't helping much so it was back to the doctor on Friday. After more breathing treatments there, the doctor sent me home with oral steroids, a twice daily inhaled controller medicine, and a nebulizer machine for 2-4 breathing treatments a day which replaces my rescue inhaler. The machine is very irritating as it requires me to sit still with the mask on for about 10 minutes. Don't they know I'm only 1 year old. Ten minutes feels like an eternity to me. Hopefully I will be done with the oral steroids and the nebulizer machine by Monday. I'm going to stay on the daily controller for about a month and then try to get off of that. Despite all these meds I still sound a bit wheezy and crackly.

The doctor can't say yet whether I really have asthma or not. I have had a cold every time I've had breathing problems, so it could just be related to that. Daddy thinks I had an asthma attack this time because of stress. Right before I got sick a bad little person at school bit me really hard on my shoulder. What a rough life!

3 comments:

Dexter said...

Sorry Luke! I have my nebulizer but haven't had to use it since summer started - perhaps mine was allergies.

Sharon or Allan said...

This is not fun!

Anonymous said...

10 mins. on mom's lap should heal him right up. Sending you love, Aunt Beth