Thursday, December 1, 2011

Brave little boy


Today mommy took us to see Santa. I know all about Santa. I've read books and seen him on tv. I thought I was prepared. But I guess seeing the real guy is something else. In the two minutes we had to wait in line I went from excited to scared, crying, and wanting to leave. It was even hard to stay so close while Cole took his turn. When it was finally time to go, mommy told me that Santa was sad that I didn't want to say hi to him. Sad? I couldn't make Santa sad. That is just so, well, sad! So I dried my eyes, took a deep breath, and walked over to him. I said hi and he gave me a chocolate! That was very nice and not scary at all. I don't know what I was so worried about. I sat on his lap and talked to him and he gave me two more chocolates! (You can see my mouth is very full in the picture.) I couldn't think of any toys to ask for, but I did ask him if he eats cookies. He said yes, and I promised to leave him some at my house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke, glad you found out Santa isn't all that scary and he's really a pretty nice guy.
Love you,
Grandma

nana said...

What a fun photo--may become one of your favorite ones over the years. I have the one of Heather and Ali on Santa's lap in Florida out again and it always brings a smile. xoxonanaxoxo