Wednesday, November 28, 2012

First report card

I am a super learner, great at math and reading and spelling. Now I've got a report card to prove it. Mommy already explained grades to me because I ask lots of questions while I watch her grade papers. I wanted to get all As, but I guess they don't use those letters in Kindergarten. So here's the breakdown. Emerging is the lowest grade, Transitioning is average, Achieving is above average, and Extending is exceeding expectations.

Math: My best scores. I am Achieving or Extending with counting objects, counting forward and backwards, and writing numbers.
Reading: I'm Extending on my alphabet and letter sounds and Achieving on phonics, vocabulary, and reading strategies.
Writing: I'm Transitioning on handwriting, spelling, and developing ideas. Maybe I should bring Mr. Thomas some of the books I've written. I always have writing ideas!

I also got all check marks for my behavior. No minuses. Mommy and daddy are so proud that I have learned to close my mouth and open my ears when I'm at school. Some days I love school and other days I really, really love school. I was so excited to get back to work after the Thanksgiving weekend that I had to write my teacher a note. I wrote "Mr. T you are awsum."


I brought this home today. It reads, I am thankful for the President of the USA because he is nice to the country.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have been "Extending" since birth. Good job Cole

Anonymous said...

You are just a super great 5 year old.
Love you,
Grandma